Huge success for Meet the Scientist event
CLAHRC NWC had a presence at the Meet the Scientist event at Liverpool’s World Museum on Saturday 9th February. It proved hugely popular with over 1000 visitors and feedback from visitors suggested that it was very successful in communicating CLAHRC’s work and findings in a way that people and particularly children, could understand.
CLAHRC NWC was hosted in a Lecture Theatre in the museum for the day and provided the following:
- Samples of published research paper
- BITEs summarising research aimed at the public
- Snakes and Ladders Health Inequalities Game (which was constantly busy and loved by children)
- Information about Household Health Survey and findings
- Information about CLAHRC NWC Neighbourhoods for Learning work
- A wishing tree on what kids could tie messages of what they would do to reduce health inequalities in their community. (This formed part of the “Mind the health Inequalities Gap” trail they had to complete which included Snakes and Ladders, Wishing Tree and view the Healthy Neighbourhood Poster).
More articles Posted on: 21 February 2019