Northern Health Equity Research Network - Equal North.
You are invited to attend a free event on 29th March hosted by the Northern Health Equity Research Network - Equal North. The aim of the event is to use the Due North report to revitalise the health inequalities agenda in the North but also nationally. The event will bring together policy makers and researchers to identify how we can better use evidence to influence action on the priority areas identified in the Due North report:
(1) Tackling poverty and economic inequality within the North and between the North and the rest of England;
(2) Promoting healthy development in early childhood;
(3) Sharing power over resources and increasing the influence that the public has on how resources are used to improve the determinants of health;
(4) Strengthening the role of the health sector in promoting health equity.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Dame Margaret Whitehead, WH Duncan Professor of Public Health, University of Liverpool.
- Councillor Matthew Brown, Cabinet Member for Social Justice, Inclusion and Policy, Preston City Council.
- Simon Bowers, Clinical Vice Chair of NHS Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group
- Dominic Harrison, Director of Public Health, Blackburn with Darwen, Borough Council.
- Dr Ruth Hussey CB, OBE, Independent Public Health Consultant
The event will be held in Liverpool and chaired by Professor Dame Margaret Whitehead.
29th March 2017, 10.00 -15.30
1 Brownlow Street
Liverpool, L69 3GL
You can book your place through Eventbrite
Professor of Public Health and Primary Care Research
Institute of Health & Society
Professor of Public Health Geography
Department of Geography
Senior Clinical Lecturer in Applied Public Health Research
Department of Public Health and Policy Research
University of Liverpool
Lecturer in Public Health
Division of Health Research
Professor of Public Health
School of Health & Related Research
University of Sheffield
Professor of Healthy Communities
Institute for Health and Wellbeing
Leeds Beckett University
More articles Posted on: 28 February 2017