The North West Coast Research and Innovation Awards 2018: The shortlist has been announced
Congratulations to 37 innovative health teams and researchers who have been named as finalists in the prestigious North West Coast Research and Innovation Awards 2018. They were selected from a record number of entries and the winners will be announced at an awards ceremony being held in Preston on the 8th March.
The full shortlist can be viewed here: www.nwcawards.co.uk. The awards celebrate brilliant research and innovative thinking taking place in the North West Coast that translates into practical products, treatments, devices and procedures that help deliver world class healthcare.
The NHS and the wider social care system represent the most integrated clinical research system in the world and the awards will also present an opportunity to celebrate the 70th birthday of the NHS and research breakthroughs that have taken place in that time.
The awards are a collaboration between three organisations who are key to driving research and innovation forward in our region:
- The Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care for the North West Coast, part of the National Institute for Health Research. (CLAHRC NWC)
- The Clinical Research Network for the North West Coast, part of the National Institute for Health Research (CRN NWC)
- The Innovation Agency, the Academic Health Science Network for the North West Coast
Professor Mark Gabbay, Director of the CLAHRC NWC commented: “I look forward to the opportunity to celebrate the innovative and excellent applied research and implementation work we are doing to seek ways to reduce health inequalities. The CLAHRC NWC brings together Universities, NHS organisations, Local Authorities and the Public working together to devise and deliver research and innovation evaluations through to delivering the findings to make a real difference to health and wellbeing. These awards enable us to recognise the excellent work developed and delivered across this partnership."
Dr Liz Mear, Chief Executive of the Innovation Agency also commented: “There are fantastic innovations happening across the region which are transforming the way health care is delivered to patients – and which are helping people to manage their own conditions. These awards will showcase the very best of health innovations and the individuals and teams who are introducing and spreading them for the benefit of our local population.”
The 2018 Award categories include:
- Clinical Research Team or Site of the Year
- Clinical Research Practitioner of the Year
- Clinical Research Rising Star of the Year
- Excellence in Delivery of Commercial Life Science Award
- Research Student of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to Patient and Public Involvement in Research
- Research for Wellbeing
- Taking Research into Practice
- Patient Safety Innovation Award
- Transformation Award
- Partnership in Innovation Award
- Culture for Innovation Award
Jacqueline Pirmohamed, Chief Operating Officer for the CRN NWC sees the awards as the year’s highlight commenting: “Clinical research plays a vital role ensuring that today’s NHS remains at the forefront of delivering world class care. The awards provide us an opportunity to say thank you to all staff, patients and public who have been involved in clinical trials as we are in debt to all of those who step forward to be part of the research solution.”
More articles Posted on: 23 January 2018