The North West Coast Research and Innovation Awards 2018 are now open!
The search is now on for the North West Coast’s most inspiring clinical research and innovation teams and individuals whose work has made a real difference to the health of those living in our region. The awards are a collaboration between three organisations who are key to driving research and innovation forward in our region:
- The Clinical Research Network for the North West Coast, part of the National Institute for Health Research (CRN NWC)
- The Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care for the North West Coast, part of the National Institute for Health Research. (CLAHRC NWC)
- The Innovation Agency, the Academic Health Science Network for the North West Coast
Open to teams or individuals from hospitals, GP surgeries, local authorities, third sector and private enterprise collaborations the awards are designed to recognise initiatives which impact and improve patient care. This is the third time the awards have been held.
In 2018 the Awards will arrive in Preston, Lancashire where many local researchers have made recent and outstanding contribution to research and innovation – including the opening of a new Clinical Research Facility and topping of national research league tables in 2017. The award winners will be announced at a ceremony taking place at Preston North End Football Club on the evening of 8th March 2018.
Professor Mark Gabbay, Director of the CLAHRC NWC commented: “I look forward to the opportunity to celebrate the innovative and excellent applied research and implementation work we are doing to seek ways to reduce health inequalities. The CLAHRC NWC brings together Universities, NHS organisations, Local Authorities and the Public working together to devise and deliver research and innovation evaluations through to delivering the findings to make a real difference to health and wellbeing. These awards enable us to recognise the excellent work developed and delivered across this partnership.
Dr Liz Mear, Chief Executive of the Innovation Agency also commented: “There are fantastic innovations happening across the region which are transforming the way health care is delivered to patients – and which are helping people to manage their own conditions. These awards will showcase the very best of health innovations and the individuals and teams who are introducing and spreading them for the benefit of our local population.”
The 2018 Award categories include:
- Clinical Research Team or Site of the Year
- Clinical Research Practitioner of the Year
- Clinical Research Rising Star of the Year
- Excellence in the Delivery of Commercial Life Science Research Award
- Research Student of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to Patient and Public Involvement in Research
- Research for Wellbeing
- Taking Research into Practice
- Patient Safety Innovation Award
- Transformation Award
- Partnership in Innovation Award
- Culture for Innovation Award
Information on how to enter the awards can be found here: http://www.nwcawards.co.uk Submissions can be made until the 1st December 2017.
Jacqueline Pirmohamed, Chief Operating Officer for the CRN NWC sees the awards as the year’s highlight commenting: “Clinical research plays a vital role ensuring that today’s NHS remains at the forefront of delivering world class care. The awards provide us an opportunity to say thank you to all staff, patients and public who have been involved in clinical trials as we are in debt to all of those who step forward to be part of the research solution.”
More articles Posted on: 16 October 2017